CHINA: French president backs Danone - report
During a state visit yesterday (25 November), the French president Nicolas Sarkozy spoke to China's president Hu Jintao on behalf of Danone, said a Reuters report.
The news service cited French officials claiming that "President Hu took note", but that the outcome of the conversation was "not conclusive but not negative either".
Since June, Danone and Wahaha have been embroiled in a legal dispute over their beverages venture in China. Danone has accused Wahaha of breaching their agreement by selling drinks under the Wahaha brand without permission.
Last week, Danone won a court order freezing the assets of ten overseas firms with alleged links to its estranged Chinese partner.
Danone joined forces with Wahaha in 1996 and has a 51% stake in the original venture.
Groupe Danone has reiterated its sales and profits targets for this year....
Groupe Danone has issued a Euro bond....
Evian Natural Spring Water has announced the creation of the Water Protection Institute in a bid to "play a leading role in sustainable development"....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included stories from Beam Global, The UB Group, LVMH, Danone SABMiller and Heineken....
Pierre-André Terisse, the recently-appointed CFO at Danone, has been named on the food giant's executive committee....
Groupe Danone has dismissed reports that a deadline for negotiations with Hangzhou Wahaha over the companies' troubled joint-venture in China has passed....
Groupe Danone has posted a healthy lift in first quarter sales, driven in part by rising revenues from its waters division....
Ethical brands, which provide a portion of sales or profits to alleviate water shortages in the developing world, more than doubled their volumes in 2007, according to the 17th annual UK Bottled Water...
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits