CHINA: French diplomat calls for Danone Wahaha row calm
The two companies, who have fallen out over Danone's claims that Wahaha has been illegally selling products identical to those sold by the companies' joint ventures in China, have spent the last three months in dispute. Danone has filed a suit in Los Angeles seeking more than US$100m in compensation for the alleged illegal sales and has also filed for arbitration in Stockholm to help resolve the dispute. Hangzhou Wahaha, meanwhile, has countersued Danone, claiming the French company is complicit in also competing with the joint ventures.
Speaking late last week, the French ambassador to China, Herve Ladsous, said that France is taking the affair "very seriously" and is discussing the issue with public authorities in the hope that the issue can be resolved.
Citing other French/international joint ventures, Ladsous said he hoped the row would not overshadow more successful joint ventures in which French companies make up half of the new company.
A group of 11 major food and drinks companies have launched a new self-regulatory initiative in Europe under which they will voluntary make changes to how and what they advertise directly to children....
Volvic has joined with the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) for the launch of a drink campaign that will bring clean water to rural parts of Africa....
Groupe Danone and its Chinese venture partner, Hangzhou Wahaha, have called a truce on their long-running feud,...
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports....
Groupe Danone has dismissed a lawsuit from the trade union of its joint venture in China as "totally groundless", and has called for calm in the long-running saga....
Groupe Danone has said it is "highly concerned" about the latest reports regarding the ongoing clash with its partner in China....
The Coca-Cola Co. has successfully appealed against a court ruling in Argentina that said a campaign by Danone had not affected sales of Coca-Cola's Dasani water brand in the country....
Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co. has won a legal ruling over its dispute with Chinese joint-venture partner Groupe Danone regarding the ownership of the Wahaha brand in the country....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015