Product Launch - UK: Freixenet's Mia Fresh & Crisp Sparkling and Fruity & Sweet Moscato
Click through to view an image of one of the variants
Freixenet's Mia Fresh & Crisp Sparkling, Fruity & Sweet Moscato
Category - Wine, Spain, white, 11.5% abv and 7% abv
Available - From now
Location - UK, on- and off-trade. Available in Asda supermarkets, but no other confirmed listings yet
Price - RRP GBP9.99 (US$15.10) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Freixenet
Spanish wine group Freixenet has launched two new sparkling variants to its Mia wine brand in the UK, in a bid to capitalise on the popularity of sweeter-style alcoholic drinks.
Light & Crisp Sparkling is a blend of Airen and Macabeo grapes with an abv of 11.5%. Fruity & Sweet Moscato is 100% Moscatel grape and has an abv of 7%. The two variants are being launched into the UK on- and off-trade with a RRP of GBP9.99 (US$15.10).
The original Mia brand was launched in the UK in 2011.
“The introduction of relaxed and informal sparkling variants with a sweeter style to our existing collection is the logical next step for the Freixenet parent brand and an opportunity to grow the category by driving frequency of purchase amongst younger consumers,” said Suzanne O’Hara, Freixenet's UK marketing head.
Last week, the company revealed details of another new launch, a red and a white wine from its Bordeaux-based Yvon Mau winery.
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018