Product Launch - UK: Freixenet's Mia Fresh & Crisp Sparkling and Fruity & Sweet Moscato
Click through to view an image of one of the variants
Freixenet's Mia Fresh & Crisp Sparkling, Fruity & Sweet Moscato
Category - Wine, Spain, white, 11.5% abv and 7% abv
Available - From now
Location - UK, on- and off-trade. Available in Asda supermarkets, but no other confirmed listings yet
Price - RRP GBP9.99 (US$15.10) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Freixenet
Spanish wine group Freixenet has launched two new sparkling variants to its Mia wine brand in the UK, in a bid to capitalise on the popularity of sweeter-style alcoholic drinks.
Light & Crisp Sparkling is a blend of Airen and Macabeo grapes with an abv of 11.5%. Fruity & Sweet Moscato is 100% Moscatel grape and has an abv of 7%. The two variants are being launched into the UK on- and off-trade with a RRP of GBP9.99 (US$15.10).
The original Mia brand was launched in the UK in 2011.
“The introduction of relaxed and informal sparkling variants with a sweeter style to our existing collection is the logical next step for the Freixenet parent brand and an opportunity to grow the category by driving frequency of purchase amongst younger consumers,” said Suzanne O’Hara, Freixenet's UK marketing head.
Last week, the company revealed details of another new launch, a red and a white wine from its Bordeaux-based Yvon Mau winery.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018