UK: Freixenet to distribute Viña Gracia in UK
Viña Gracia the Chilean winemaker has announced that it has appointed Freixenet to handle its wines in the UK Market, with effect from January 2002.
The move is part of Viña Gracia's global expansion plans. Viña Gracia is part of the Corpora Group and the only Chilean producer with vineyards in all of the four key wine regions.
Commenting on the appointment, Jorge Goles, Viña Gracia CEO, said: "We are delighted to be working with one of the leading independent wine companies in the UK and we are confident that they will make the brand one of the leading Chilean brands in this market".
Graham Fortune, Freixenet managing director said: "We are known as leaders in the sparkling wine market and increasingly for our still wine portfolio, which to date has been limited to wines from Spain and California. Within a few years we hope to be recognised as a leading supplier of Chilean wines too. It is not often that brands of the quality of Gracia, become available and we intend to make it even more successful than it already is."
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China