SPAIN: Freixenet silent on Taittinger bid rumours
Spanish wine producer Freixenet has refused to comment on reports that it is interested in bidding for Champagne house Taittinger.
Reports in Spain yesterday (10 April) said the Freixenet board could decide whether to launch an offer for Taittinger, the world's sixth-biggest champagne maker, as soon as tomorrow. Spanish daily Cinco Dias cited Freixenet executives, who acknowledged they received an invitation to bid.
However, when contacted by just-drinks, a Freixenet spokesperson declined to comment.
The prospective acquisition would boost Freixenet's annual revenues by 20% and give the company, based near Barcelona, a greater international foothold.
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, Champagne group Louis Roderer and French private equity group Butler Capital are reportedly eyeing up Taittinger, which has been put up for sale by US real estate group Starwood Capital.
Interest gathers for Taittinger and Lanson. In stark contrast to most of the French wine industry, sales of Champagne have been growing steadily and it is no surprise to find that the possible sale of...
Available from just-drinks' research store now is the "Global market review of Champagne." The review not only looks at markets around the world, but also gives profiles of the main players in the sec...
French luxury powerhouse LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton has said sales in the opening months of 2006 have risen in double-digits building on the company's "record results" last year....
French luxury powerhouse LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton has reported an 11% rise in full-year revenues from its wine and spirits business....
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton has welcomed a Chinese court's decision to fine two companies for infringing its trademark on Hennessy Cognac....
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton has distanced itself from the bidding for Lanson International, just-drinks understands....
Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH) has entered the running for a stake in Lanson International, according to press reports....
Revenue at LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton reached €9.598bn for the first nine months of 2005, representing 12% organic growth from the corresponding period last year, the French drinks and luxury go...
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends