SINGAPORE: Fraser & Neave says OUE offer "not compelling, but fair"
F&N has given advice to its shareholders over the OUE offer
Fraser & Neave's board of directors has branded Overseas Union Enterprise's (OUE) SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) offer for the group as “not compelling, but fair”.
The Singapore conglomerate released a 116-page circular to shareholders today (19 December), outlining its opinion on the offer. OUE, a Singapore-based property group, submitted its bid for F&N last month, beating an offer from ThaiBev.
Following advice from JP Morgan, F&N's board said today: “The OUE offer price is not compelling but fair, from a financial point of view.” The view mirrors that of F&N's view on the ThaiBev offer.
If OUE captures F&N, Kirin has agreed to acquire F&N's food and beverage business. In the circular, JP Morgan says Kirin's offer for this part of the business is "fair, from a financial point of view".
ThaiBev, which owns around 33.64% of F&N, submitted a SGD8.88 per-share offer for the conglomerate in September through TCC Assets - a special purpose vehicle part-owned by ThaiBev boss Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi. Since then ThaiBev has extended the deadline for its offer three times, with the latest set at 2 January.
Meanwhile, the Chang brewer announced late last night that another subsidiary, Internationnal Beverage Holdings Limited, has transferred its 28.63% stake in F&N to its own wholly-owned subsidiary, Interbev Investment Limited.
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends