SINGAPORE: Fraser & Neave says OUE offer "not compelling, but fair"
F&N has given advice to its shareholders over the OUE offer
Fraser & Neave's board of directors has branded Overseas Union Enterprise's (OUE) SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) offer for the group as “not compelling, but fair”.
The Singapore conglomerate released a 116-page circular to shareholders today (19 December), outlining its opinion on the offer. OUE, a Singapore-based property group, submitted its bid for F&N last month, beating an offer from ThaiBev.
Following advice from JP Morgan, F&N's board said today: “The OUE offer price is not compelling but fair, from a financial point of view.” The view mirrors that of F&N's view on the ThaiBev offer.
If OUE captures F&N, Kirin has agreed to acquire F&N's food and beverage business. In the circular, JP Morgan says Kirin's offer for this part of the business is "fair, from a financial point of view".
ThaiBev, which owns around 33.64% of F&N, submitted a SGD8.88 per-share offer for the conglomerate in September through TCC Assets - a special purpose vehicle part-owned by ThaiBev boss Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi. Since then ThaiBev has extended the deadline for its offer three times, with the latest set at 2 January.
Meanwhile, the Chang brewer announced late last night that another subsidiary, Internationnal Beverage Holdings Limited, has transferred its 28.63% stake in F&N to its own wholly-owned subsidiary, Interbev Investment Limited.
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report