SINGAPORE: Fraser & Neave replaces retiring CEO
Koh Poh Tiong will retire as CEO of Fraser & Neave on 30 September
Fraser & Neave (F&N) has announced the retirement of its CEO for food and beverages, Koh Poh Tiong, and the appointment of his replacement.
Poh Tiong will retire from the post at the end of September, the company said earlier today (10 August). Poh can boast 26 years of service, first with Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), and in the last three years with F&N.
APB is the Singapore-based brewing joint-venture between Fraser & Neave and Heineken.
Pascal de Petrini will replace Poh Tiong with effect from 1 October, the firm said. He will join F&N from Danone Group where he has spent 27 years in a number of roles across Europe and Asia, most recently leading Danone's baby nutrition business.
"We take this opportunity to record our thanks and appreciation to Poh Tiong for his many years of service and sterling contributions to our F&B business," said Fraser & Neave's chairman, Lee Hsien Yang. "We are pleased that Pascal, with his proven track record in food and beverage, international exposure with significant recent stints throughout the region especially in Indonesia, Shanghai and Singapore, has accepted this leadership role to build upon F&N's strengths in food and beverage."
The second part of January's management briefing sees Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor International, turn their attention to beer and cider. What doe...
Following on from part one of my interview with Diageo's Africa president, Nick Blazquez, which ran last week, this week we give you the second part, in which Blazquez gives us an idea of Diageo's fut...
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture, CR Snow Breweries, could get a second chance to dig its claws into Kingway Brewery and mount a stronger challenge to Tsingtao in the country's Guangdong province....
Heineken has lined up the latest execution in the current UK campaign for its Foster's beer brand....
Kingway Brewery Holdings has voluntarily suspended trading on the Hong Kong stock exchange, pending an unspecified announcement....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research