SINGAPORE: Fraser & Neave directors to step down
F&N will be getting a new board of directors
Fraser & Neave's board of directors have said they will resign from the company once the takeover by TCC Assets is completed.
In a statement released today (29 January), the company said all directors will step down, including those seeking re-election at today's AGM. “The directors are committed to ensuring an orderly transition to a new board,” the statement said.
Once TCC's SGD9.55 per-share offer is declared “unconditional”, F&N's board will appoint three new directors in consultation with TCC, it said.
ThaiBev-controlled TCC appears to have won the long-running battle for the Singapore conglomerate after property group Overseas Union Enterprise withdrew a lower offer earlier this month.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts