SINGAPORE: Fraser & Neave battle drags on as TCC extends deadline
The tussle for F&N is continuing
ThaiBev's TCC Assets, has extended its offer deadline for Fraser & Neave for a fifth time.
In a filing today (10 Janaury), TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, said it has set a new deadline of Tuesday (15 January) for its SGD9bn (US$7.36bn) bid for the Singapore conglomerate. The previous deadline was today.
Sirivadhanabhakdi, who holds a 35% stake in F&N, is battling with Singapore property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) for the conglomerate.
OUE has submitted a higher bid of SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) and last week extended its offer deadline until next Monday (14 January).
If the OUE bid is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research