SINGAPORE: Fraser & Neave battle drags on as TCC extends deadline
The tussle for F&N is continuing
ThaiBev's TCC Assets, has extended its offer deadline for Fraser & Neave for a fifth time.
In a filing today (10 Janaury), TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, said it has set a new deadline of Tuesday (15 January) for its SGD9bn (US$7.36bn) bid for the Singapore conglomerate. The previous deadline was today.
Sirivadhanabhakdi, who holds a 35% stake in F&N, is battling with Singapore property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) for the conglomerate.
OUE has submitted a higher bid of SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) and last week extended its offer deadline until next Monday (14 January).
If the OUE bid is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research