SINGAPORE: Fraser & Neave battle drags on as TCC extends deadline
The tussle for F&N is continuing
ThaiBev's TCC Assets, has extended its offer deadline for Fraser & Neave for a fifth time.
In a filing today (10 Janaury), TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, said it has set a new deadline of Tuesday (15 January) for its SGD9bn (US$7.36bn) bid for the Singapore conglomerate. The previous deadline was today.
Sirivadhanabhakdi, who holds a 35% stake in F&N, is battling with Singapore property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) for the conglomerate.
OUE has submitted a higher bid of SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) and last week extended its offer deadline until next Monday (14 January).
If the OUE bid is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets