SINGAPORE: Fraser & Neave battle drags on as TCC extends deadline
The tussle for F&N is continuing
ThaiBev's TCC Assets, has extended its offer deadline for Fraser & Neave for a fifth time.
In a filing today (10 Janaury), TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, said it has set a new deadline of Tuesday (15 January) for its SGD9bn (US$7.36bn) bid for the Singapore conglomerate. The previous deadline was today.
Sirivadhanabhakdi, who holds a 35% stake in F&N, is battling with Singapore property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) for the conglomerate.
OUE has submitted a higher bid of SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) and last week extended its offer deadline until next Monday (14 January).
If the OUE bid is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages