SINGAPORE: Fraser & Neave battle drags on as TCC extends deadline
The tussle for F&N is continuing
ThaiBev's TCC Assets, has extended its offer deadline for Fraser & Neave for a fifth time.
In a filing today (10 Janaury), TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, said it has set a new deadline of Tuesday (15 January) for its SGD9bn (US$7.36bn) bid for the Singapore conglomerate. The previous deadline was today.
Sirivadhanabhakdi, who holds a 35% stake in F&N, is battling with Singapore property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) for the conglomerate.
OUE has submitted a higher bid of SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) and last week extended its offer deadline until next Monday (14 January).
If the OUE bid is successful, Japan's Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat