GERMANY: Franken Brunnen acquires soft drink rival
Franken Brunnen GmbH & Co. KG is to acquire rival Sinziger Mineralbrunnen GmbH from German brewery Brau und Brunnen.
The purchase price was not revealed.
The German soft drinks producer hopes the acquisition will strengthen its regional brands concept and its position in its local mineral water market, company CEO Norbert Machauer said.
Sinziger Mineralbrunnen owns the Sinziger mineral water brand and the Gerri lemonade brand.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review