USA: Founders Food & Firkins Ltd. Celebrates Granite City Food & Brewery's First Anniversary in St. Cloud, Minn.
The brewing of the unique "Cherries Galore!" beer was overseen by William E. Burdick, cofounder, brewmaster and board chairman of Founders. Burdick is an early pioneer in the craft-brewing industry and regularly writes and lectures nationally on beer and brewing. Under Burdick's direction, the day-to-day brewing functions are carried out by graduated European brewers. Each Granite City Brewery is equipped as a full-scale, from-scratch brewery, including a scientific laboratory which requires a degreed brewer to operate. In contrast, many microbrewery operations use pre-packaged brewing "kits" for their beers.
"'Cherries Galore!' is a great summer beer brewed in the long tradition of beers brewed with fruit in Europe, particularly in Belgium," said Burdick. "Cherry, 'saisson' style beers are common in Belgium, but rarely seen in North America, which is a shame when you first experience the beautiful color, wonderful bouquet and subtle taste of this beer. Its really perfect to enjoy outside on a summer day. We've had many orders for it from our summer patio," noted Burdick.
The St. Cloud Granite City location opened in late June 1999, and was overwhelmingly welcomed to the greater St. Cloud area. From its opening day, Granite City has enjoying great success and record numbers of patrons eager to try the handcrafted brews and made-from-scratch foods. Founders plans to open other Granite City locations in the next two years. The Company recently announced a groundbreaking for its Sioux Falls, S.D. location. Granite City provides fresh, high quality, made-to-order food and handcrafted beers, both made on site. Granite City offers a broad menu of traditional and regional foods served in generous portions at reasonable prices, designed to offer customers an excellent value and pleasant dining experience.
For more information, contact Steven J. Wagenheim, President and Chief Executive Officer of Founders Food & Firkins Ltd., 612-525-2070.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends