US: Foster's Wine Estates' US sales VP to stand down
The senior VP of US sales at Foster's Wine Estates has tendered his resignation.
Bruce Herman is set to leave the unit of Foster's Group at the beginning of October, the company said yesterday (9 June). Herman will continue in his current role until the end of this month, when he will transition into a temporary role overseeing strategic sales projects.
Further details behind Herman's decision were not disclosed.
"Since 2004, Bruce has managed the Foster's sales team through a series of significant changes," said Stephen Brauer, managing director of Foster's Americas. "Bruce has represented the Foster's sales organisation with the utmost professionalism. I want to thank him for his contributions and wish him well in the future."
A search has begun for a replacement.
Constellation Brands' announcement that it could merge or sell parts of its UK and Australian wine business raised more questions than it answered, but the move makes sense in an operating environment...
Foster's EMEA has begun on a marketing drive for its Pink sparking rosé wine brand in the UK....
Scottish & Newcastle UK has developed a pint glass carrying alcohol unit information for its Foster's lager brand....
Coca-Cola Amatil has agreed new employment terms with its group managing director....
Foster's Group has signed a deal to offload 13 wine brands to a joint venture with Vok Beverages Pty, as part of the Australian group's strategy to streamline its troubled wine business....
The chief executive of Foster's Group has bemoaned the consumer trend to "eat out less and trade down to cheaper wines" as holding the company back in the last 12 months....
Lion Nathan yesterday (7 October) ceased to exist as a separate entity after Australia's Federal Court approved the takeover of the brewer by Japan's Kirin Holdings....
Foster's Group has sold an 862-hectare vineyard to Oatley Wines for an undisclosed sum....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts