US: Foster's Wine Estates appoints retail exec
Foster's Wine Estates has announced the appointment of Shawn Schiffer as vice president of National Retail Accounts.
The California-based subsidiary of the Australian beer and wine giant announced the appointment today (14 October).
Schiffer joins Foster's amid a turbulent time for the group. A poor performance in the US was a major contrinbutor to a write-down charge that led to an 88% plunge in net profit for the year ended 30 June.
Bruce Herman, senior vice president of sales, said: "Shawn is a seasoned veteran of both the retail and on-premise national accounts arenas.
The controversial Australian 'alcopops' tax has been defeated by the country's Senate this week. Michelle Russell looks at the fallout....
Foster's has created the new executive position of transformation director, to help the beer and wine group with its restructuring plan....
The German Wine Institute has signed a deal with Lufthansa airlines to supply German wines on international flights....
Coors Brewers, the UK arm of Molson Coors, will change its name to Molson Coors Brewing Company (UK) Limited, with immediate effect....
The head of C&C Group's cider business in the UK has announced his resignation from the company, after only a year in the position. John Holberry, who became managing director of the Irish company's M...
Coors Brewers has launched a Premium Collection of beers, wines, spirits, ciders and soft drinks, aimed at supporting independents in the UK on-trade....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Coors Brewers has launched a multi-million pound UK business in a bid to target beer towards women....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review