FIJI: Foster's ups share in Group Pacific subsidiary
Foster's is to increase its share in Foster's Group Pacific Ltd, after signing a deal to buy a 29% stake in the company currently held by Fijian Holdings Ltd for FJD$40m (US$18.2m).
The deal, which values Foster's Group Pacific (FGPL) at FJD13.26 per share, will see Foster's increase its stake in the firm to 89.6%, the Australian beer and wine giant said today (1 May).
FGPL owns and operates breweries and distilleries in Fiji and Samoa, producing and distributing various brands including Fiji Bitter, Fiji Gold and Vailima.
Fijian Holdings approached Foster's with a view to selling its stake in FGPL, said Foster's, which first purchased a stake in FGPL in 1957.
"By realising its investment in FGPL, Fijian Holdings will be free to re-invest funds in new opportunities," said Fijian Holdings managing director Sereana Qoro.
Foster's CEO Ian Johnston said: "Increasing our level of ownership provides us with greater strategic alignment and flexibility with respect to ongoing investment and management of Foster's Pacific business, particularly through the current business climate."
The deal remains subject to regulatory approval.
Foster's Group has signed a deal to offload 13 wine brands to a joint venture with Vok Beverages Pty, as part of the Australian group's strategy to streamline its troubled wine business....
The chief executive of Foster's Group has bemoaned the consumer trend to "eat out less and trade down to cheaper wines" as holding the company back in the last 12 months....
Lion Nathan yesterday (7 October) ceased to exist as a separate entity after Australia's Federal Court approved the takeover of the brewer by Japan's Kirin Holdings....
Foster's Group has sold an 862-hectare vineyard to Oatley Wines for an undisclosed sum....
See the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Foster's has frozen basic wages for senior management for the next 12 months, with CEO Ian Johnston taking home a AUS$1m bonus in the group's most recent fiscal year, according to the company's annual...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Beringer Vineyards is to sponsor the PGA Tour, Champions Tour and Nationwide Tour in the US beginning next year....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research