UK: Foster’s unveils premium varietal rose for UK
Foster's has lined up what it claims is the UK's first premium varietal rosé for the off-trade.
The drinks giant's EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) unit confirmed today (8 August) that Gabbiano IGT Toscana, from the Italian region of Chianti on Tuscany, will be available exclusively in the UK through Sainsbury's, with a retail price of GBP5.99 (US$12.20) per bottle.
"Rosé is currently under-represented in Italian wine in the UK, with Italian wines constituting only 4% of total rosé sales, versus Italy's 12% share of total still wine," said Tyler Psarras, NPD concept leader at Foster's EMEA. "Additionally, there are very few premium varietal or regional rosés on the market from Italy.
"It is Gabbiano's aim to demonstrate to UK consumers how premium Italian rosé creates a point of difference in the summer drinking repertoire."
I doubt that it is of the Dutch variety, but John Dunsmore, Sir Brian Stewart and the S&N board have certainly displayed courage over the last few months as they have held firm on calls to accept the ...
Foster's Group has promoted its former finance director for Australia, Asia and Pacific to the role of chief financial officer....
The chief human resource officer at Foster's Group has resigned....
Young's has delisted InBev's Stella Artois brand from its pubs, claiming the beer "wasn't premium enough"....
Foster's Group and Grupo Modelo have extended their exclusive license for Foster's to sell and market the Corona Extra brand in Australia....
Lion Nathan has completed its purchase of J Boag & Son....
Beringer Vineyards has launched a vintage Californian chardonnay to complement the rest of its collection....
Australian wine company Penfolds, part of the Foster's Group, is giving its Thomas Hyland range an Adelaide geographical appellation....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research