INDIA: Foster's unveils Indian acquisition plans
Foster's India, the Indian arm of the Australian brewing giant, has unveiled ambitious plans to go national on the Indian market after two years as a regional player in the country's western provinces.According to an Indian source the "company is now chalking out a mega-expansion plan of having breweries across India, but only through the acquisition route".Pradeep Gidwani, managing director of Foster's India said last week: "We will build up a national presence in India. Once we establish ourselves, we will be introducing Foster's other international brands."Gidwani went on to say that the markets Foster's currently operates in through its Aurangabad brewery, including Goa, Daman and Diu, were not growing fast enough. "Hence we are looking at increasing our reach within India," he said.The company is looking at acquiring breweries in southern and northern India and has already begun talks with a few prospective companies.One Indian source named the GMR Vasavi brewery in Andhra Pradesh, the fastest growing beer market in India as a prospective buy. The brewery currently has a manufacturing contract with Shaw Wallace.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research