US: Foster's' Treasury Wine Estates signs distribution deal
Treasury Wine Estates makes distribution changes
Foster's Group's newly named global wine arm, Treasury Wine Estates, has signed exclusive distribution deals with Southern Wine & Spirits of America in several US states.
Southern Wine & Spirits is to become the exclusive distributor for Treasury Wine Estates in South Carolina, Kentucky, Alaska, Hawaii, and Eastern Washington, the two firms announced today (10 August). The new contracts are effective 1 August 2010 in Hawaii and Alaska, 1 September in South Carolina and Kentucky and 1 October in Eastern Washington.
Southern currently distributes the Treasury Wine Estates portfolio in each of these states but has shared the portfolio with other distributors in all of the states except Hawaii.
A specific reason for the change was not given, but Foster's has spent the last year reorganising its wine business in the US in order to improve sales and profits.
“Signing agreements with Southern Wine & Spirits in these markets concludes the first phase of our strategic route-to-market initiative,” said Treasury Wine Estates Americas' managing director, Stephen Brauer. "We are pleased with our continuing strong partnership and our mutual alignment on performance," he added.
Brauer said that Treasury Wine Estates Americas will begin the second phase of its route-to-market initiative at the end of the calendar year.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Greek brewer hits out over Carlsberg merger move
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014