AUSTRALIA: Foster's to sponsor home country F1 race till 2006
Wine and brewing giant Foster's Group Ltd is to title sponsor Formula One's Australian Grand Prix until 2006 with an option to renew the company announced this week.
Ted Kunkel, Foster's Group president said: "The driving factor behind our decision to pursue this opportunity is that the Australian Grand Prix is an international spectacle, watched by 600 million viewers in 212 countries.
"Through this title sponsorship we will be able to promote the race in more than 150 countries where Foster's is sold. We see this as a long-term partnership between Foster's, the Australian Grand Prix Corporation and the state government," he added.
Twelve months ago Foster's announced a decade long deal with Grand Prix worldwide which includes exposure through premium track-side signage at the majority of races, pouring rights at 12 races, Paddock Club sponsorship at 16 races and the naming rights sponsorship of the UK, Belgium and Australian Grand Prix's.
Companies: Foster’s Group Ltd
A revised assessment by Southcorp's independent expert has valued the company's shares closer to the bid value offered by Foster's Group....
Australian liquor giant Foster's bid for winemaker Southcorp is gathering momentum....
As one takeover story trundles on, another one has just moved up a gear....
The chief executive of Foster's believes the global premium wine industry is on the upturn....
Foster's Group Ltd is expected to announce that it is lifting its offer for fellow Australian Southcorp, transforming three months of corporate hostility into a friendly takeover....
Shares in Southcorp and Foster's have been halted from trading, pending an announcement....
Southcorp's share price has dropped below the offer price made by Foster's for the first time today (18 April)....
Foster's Group is considering upping its bid for Southcorp prior to extending its offer once again....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends