AUS: Foster's to launch low-carb beers
Foster's will this month launch two new low-carbohydrate beers to capitalise on the success of its Pure Blonde brand.
The mid-strength Pure Blonde Naked will go on sale in Queensland and the Northern Territory, the biggest markets for mid-strength beer, from next week.
It will be followed later this month by Natural Blonde, a no-additive, no-preservative, low-carb beer.
Meanwhile, rival Lion Nathan has launched another low-carb brand with Tooheys White Stag, which retails for A$14.99 per six-pack.
The controversial Australian 'alcopops' tax has been defeated by the country's Senate this week. Michelle Russell looks at the fallout....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Murray Valley Winegrowers has suggested that Foster's Group look to sell two of its vineyards in the region to the Australian government....
Foster's has appointed Pernod Ricard USA's general manager for wine and Champagne, Stephen Brauer, as its new managing director of Foster's Americas....
The Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia (DSICA) has followed Foster's Group in pledging to donate any tax refunds they receive in the country to DrinkWise Australia....
Australia's Foster's Group has said it intends to donate its refund from the country's collapsed RTD tax hike to alcohol and health initiatives....
Altia and Grupo Codorníu has signed a deal for the distribution of the Spanish wine company's brands in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and the Baltic sea travel retail markets....
Molson Coors has said that its interest in Foster's has not changed, following the Australian group's announcement that it will not sell off its wine business....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China