AUS: Foster’s Southcorp bid extended again
Foster's Group has extended its Southcorp takeover offer for a third time. The drinks giant said today (4 April) that it has shifted the deadline for it's A$3.1bn bid for the wine company back by a further two weeks, to Thursday 28 April.
Foster's maintained that its offer of A$4.14 in cash for each Southcorp share was an "outstanding price."
The drinks company originally extended its offer in early March until 31 March, then followed this with a further extension to 14 April at the end of last month.
Foster's already owns a 19.1% stake in Southcorp.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends