US: Foster's signs Southern Wine & Spirits deal
Foster's hands portfolio to SWS
Foster's Group has completed its move to reorganise distribution of its wines in the US by signing five-year deals in three states with Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
The Beringer and Rosemount wine owner said late last week that Southern Wines & Spirits (SWS) will exclusively distribute its wine brands in California, Illinois and Florida.
SWS already distributes Foster’s wines in the states but has shared the portfolio with other distributors and Foster’s own self-distribution, said Foster's Wine Estates, the US-based subsidiary of Foster's Group.
The deals, effective from 1 July, complete Foster's' overhaul of US distribution agreements, which the group undertook in order to reinvigorate its performance in the country.
"We look forward to partnering with Foster’s to realise their route-to-market goals of sustainable brand growth, in-market execution and portfolio premiumisation,“ said Wayne Chaplin, president and chief operating office of SWS.
Foster's has also recently made changes to its executive sales team in the US, where write-down charges have damaged group profits over the last couple of years.
Separately, Foster's confirmed today (21 June) that it has withdrawn three vineyards and one winery from a list of non-core assets to be sold off.
Part three of our annual review of the year brings us Chris Mercer's look at how 2010 has treated the world's brewers....
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
As seen in this month's rundown of the latest innovative drinks launches, the single-use and shot formats continue to penetrate the market, with new products including a single-serve detox drink and a...
Heineken has launched a three-year sustainability campaign in Spain to improve its environmental and sustainability credentials in the country....
The Southern Wine & Spirits unit in the US state of Indiana has appointed a sales manager for its Pernod Ricard-led prestige sales division....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research