AUS: Foster’s sells former CUB brewery site
Foster's Group has recouped over A$200m from the sale of a brewery site in Australia.
The drinks company confirmed today (12 June) that it has signed a sale agreement with Frasers Property for the site of the former Kent Brewery in Sydney for A$208m (US$175m). The site, the former home of the Tooth and Co. and Carlton & United Breweries, was built on Blackwattle Creek in 1835. The brewery ceased operation in early 2005.
"This is a great outcome for Foster's, Frasers Property and the city of Sydney," said Foster's CEO Trevor O'Hoy. "It represents an opportunity for a new lease of life for this 160-year-old brewery site - while preserving its significant local heritage."
The sale is expected to close by the end of this month.
SABMiller has given further details about its intended investment in India going forward....
India's United Vintners, a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Spirits, has launched a range of New Zealand wines in its home market, according to reports....
Scottish & Newcastle has said that it has made "good progress" in its core markets, despite poor weather during the summer....
Bouvet-Ladubay is set to invest heavily in increasing its production capacity....
Lion Nathan has secured a deal to buy J Boag & Son from San Miguel Corporation....
Foster's Australian and Lion Nathan sales data has been "consistent with forecasts", according to a recent survey....
Foster's Group has responded to a suggestion from investment bank Merrill Lynch that it should split its beer and wine operations by saying it had no intention to do so but would keep all options "und...
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends