AUS: Foster's seeks buyers for Sydney brewery
Australian beer and wine giant Foster's Group is actively seeking buyers for a brewery in Sydney.
The company has started the sale process after receiving approval from local government authorities in New South Wales, a spokesman told just-drinks today (13 March).
Foster's found a buyer, Australand Property Group, for the site four years ago but two years later the property company backed out of the deal after agreeing to pay A$203m (US$159.3m) for the site.
Carlton & United Breweries - now the brewing arm of Foster's - bought the brewery in 1982. Foster's ceased operations at the site in 2005.
Baltic Beverages Holding is looking to launch its Holsten beer brand in Ukraine, according to local reports....
Foster's Wine Estates Americas has appointed a new vice president of US national sales....
India's United Breweries has outlined plans to expand its capacity over the next three years, according to reports....
Beer appears to be the alcoholic drink of choice in the developing BRIC markets, according to a series of recent reports....
United Spirits is mulling an expansion of its vodka offering in its home market, according to reports....
Foster's has posted a marked dip in profits for the full-year, despite a rise in sales....
Foster's Group has appointed Frontiers Group to organise a film sponsorship programme in the UK for its Rosemount wine brand....
The threat of strike action at one of Scottish & Newcastle's UK brewery has been averted....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research