AUS: Foster's revamps business structure
Foster's Group has set up what it calls a "simplified, consumer led, customer driven" business as it looks to move forward after integrating the ex-Southcorp operations into the company.
The Australian drinks group said today (14 July) that its operations around the world would work as three regional businesses, covering Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), the Americas, and Australia, Asia and the Pacific.
The company will trade as Foster's in every market and will no longer refer to its businesses as Foster's Wine Estates, Foster's Australia and Foster's Brewing International.
Foster's CEO Trevor O'Hoy said: "With the integration of Southcorp now largely complete, and after two years of significant transformation, we're a fundamentally different company - a great international drinks business, with an outstanding portfolio of brands.
"Our new structure brings us closer to our customers and consumers, while formalising and reinforcing our One Foster's philosophy of working as one team, sharing our capabilities and infrastructure across products, processes and regions."
The restructuring has led to a level of reshuffling among Foster's top executives. Jamie Odell, currently MD for Foster's Wine Estates, will become head of Foster's Australia, Asia and Pacific unit. Meanwhile, Foster's Brewing International MD Rick Scully tasks on the key role of chief marketing officer.
Scott Weiss will continue as in his role of MD at Foster's Americas, while Peter Jackson remains as MD of Foster's EMEA.
Singapore-based Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) has secured another acquisition in Vietnam, the company said today (11 January)....
Foster's Wine Estates Americas has announced a promotion within its marketing team....
Australia's wine industry has formed a taskforce in an attempt to reduce the impact of this year's drought on the industry....
Evans & Tate has reassured the market that it expects the impact of an outbreak of phylloxera at Foster's vineyards in the Yarra Valley, Victoria, to be minimal on its nearby winery....
Carlsberg has finally signalled its entry into India after months of speculation surrounding the brewer's ambitions for the fast-growing beer market....
A private-equity consortium of Pacific Equity Partners and Nikko Principal Investments has reportedly tabled the highest bid for New Zealand RTD group Independent Liquor....
The deadline for bids for New Zealand's Independent Liquor passed today (6 December) but front-runner Lion Nathan remained tight-lipped on whether it had tabled an offer....
Grapevine insect pest Phylloxera has been found at a 32-hectare Foster's Group vineyard in Australia's Yarra Valley....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends