AUSTRALIA: Foster’s plans lager overhaul - report
Australian brewer and winemaker Foster's Group has set up an internal review team to look at its lager division, it was reported today.
The Australian Financial Review reported that the drinks giant was looking to the team to conduct a major overhaul of its lager business, with the aim of improving profit growth and boosting global market share.
Foster's Brewing International managing director Rick Scully was quoted saying that the group wished to see Foster's Lager move into the top five global premium beer brands.
A revised assessment by Southcorp's independent expert has valued the company's shares closer to the bid value offered by Foster's Group....
Australian liquor giant Foster's bid for winemaker Southcorp is gathering momentum....
As one takeover story trundles on, another one has just moved up a gear....
The chief executive of Foster's believes the global premium wine industry is on the upturn....
Foster's Group Ltd is expected to announce that it is lifting its offer for fellow Australian Southcorp, transforming three months of corporate hostility into a friendly takeover....
Shares in Southcorp and Foster's have been halted from trading, pending an announcement....
Southcorp's share price has dropped below the offer price made by Foster's for the first time today (18 April)....
Foster's Group is considering upping its bid for Southcorp prior to extending its offer once again....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"