AUS: Foster's names independent director
Foster's Group has named a prominent Australian business consultant to its board of directors.
The Australian drinks titan has appointed Colin Carter as an independent director, it said yesterday (14 January).
Carter founded Australia-based management consultants The Boston Consulting Group in 1990. He holds a number of directorships throughout Australia and is also a commissioner of the Australian Football League.
Foster's chairman Frank Swan said: "Carter brings to the board over 30 years of commercial and strategy experience and internationally recognised expertise in effective corporate governance."
The drinks industry has not been immune from the growing influence of private equity groups (PEGS) in the corporate world. Critics argue that PEGs hark back to the worst excesses of 1980s corporate gr...
Miller Brewing Company has announced that its Hispanic agency of record for its Miller Lite brand will be Lopez Negrete....
Australian drinks combine Foster's Group has announced that Ian Johnston is to join its board of directors as an independent director, with effect from 1 September 2007....
Foster's Group has confirmed that it will reduce the alcohol level of its Victoria Bitter beer in Australia. The drinks company told just-drinks today (4 July) that the iconic brand - which accounts f...
Foster's Group is closing the brewery at its Western Australia facility....
Foster's Group has voiced its objections to a tax demand from the Australian authorities....
Enotria has appointed a new director of sales for the UK off-trade....
Foster's Group and Miller Brewing Company plan to enter into a ten-year license-brewing partnership for Foster's in the US....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research