NEW ZEALAND: Foster's makes vineyard acquisition
Australian beer and wine company, Foster's Group Ltd, has announced that its Beringer Blass Wine Estates division has acquired a small vineyard in Marlborough, New Zealand, with the aim of guaranteeing high quality fruit from a high-demand region. No financial details were given for the acquisition of Hawkesbridge Vineyard, a 16-hectare site. The company said the vineyard, planted chiefly with Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay, should produce around 40 tonnes of grapes in the coming harvest, rising to 126 tonnes by 2005.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne