AUSTRALIA: Foster's looks to expand into WA wineries
Following its $2.9bn acquisition of Beringer Wine Estates last year, brewing giant Foster's is now keen to play a part in the Western Australia's (WA) Margaret River wine industry.
Foster's Group chief executive, Ted Kunkel told Australian press that he has a great respect for Margaret River wines. "We would love to be part of this world in terms of wines, but we think at the moment people have some elevated expectation of values. It's not critical (to be in Margaret River) but it is desirable," he told local press.
Declining to comment that Foster's was or had been in discussions with any producer in the Margaret River region, Kunkel continued to say that the company was open-minded about its vision for a WA wine investment and said its preferred plan was to work with the operator, a strategy that had served the group well in the past.
Wine: The International Market
Companies: Foster’s Group Ltd
A revised assessment by Southcorp's independent expert has valued the company's shares closer to the bid value offered by Foster's Group....
Australian liquor giant Foster's bid for winemaker Southcorp is gathering momentum....
As one takeover story trundles on, another one has just moved up a gear....
The chief executive of Foster's believes the global premium wine industry is on the upturn....
Foster's Group Ltd is expected to announce that it is lifting its offer for fellow Australian Southcorp, transforming three months of corporate hostility into a friendly takeover....
Shares in Southcorp and Foster's have been halted from trading, pending an announcement....
Southcorp's share price has dropped below the offer price made by Foster's for the first time today (18 April)....
Foster's Group is considering upping its bid for Southcorp prior to extending its offer once again....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report