AUS: Foster's lines up craft wine beer for Australia
The Foster's Group has launched a new craft beer in its home market.
The Australian company said today (21 August) that the beer is made with sugar derived from Shiraz, to create a "wine-influenced" brew.
Pepperjack Hand Crafted Ale uses grape juice drawn from the must left over during production at Foster's Pepperjack winery in South Australia's Barossa Valley.
Unlike a fruit-flavoured lambic beer, the juice is added to the kettle at the end of the boiling process to provide a further source of fermentable sugar and flavour to the mixture of wheat and barley malts.
The beer, which retails for A$17.99 (US$14.45) per six pack, carries 4.7% abv and is described as exhibiting "intense fruit-driven aromatics''.
It is produced by Foster's Matilda Bay subsidiary under the guidance of Nigel Dolan, winemaker at Pepperjack.
I doubt that it is of the Dutch variety, but John Dunsmore, Sir Brian Stewart and the S&N board have certainly displayed courage over the last few months as they have held firm on calls to accept the ...
Foster's Group has launched two new wines in Australia with reduced calories and alcohol....
Australian winery Wynns Coonawarra Estate has signed a distribution deal with Matthew Clark and its sister company Wine Studio for on-trade distribution in the UK....
Foster's has announced four appointments as part of its management restructuring within its US arm....
Foster's and Lion Nathan have each launched citrus-infused beers in Australia following the entry of SABMiller's Miller Chill on the country's beer market....
Languedoc wine producer Bonfils has acquired the James Herrick brand and vineyards from Foster's Group....
Foster's Wine Estates has joined a number of other wine producers in California in an electricity conservation programme....
Foster's Group has promoted its former finance director for Australia, Asia and Pacific to the role of chief financial officer....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review