UK: Foster's launches Yellowglen Pink rosé in UK on-trade
Foster's has introduced Yellowglen Pink sparkling rosé to the UK on-trade for the first time.
Following success in the off-trade for the Australian wine brand, the company said today (6 October) that the Pink will launch in the on-trade in new packaging and in a 200ml size bottle known as a Pink Piccolo.
Foster's EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa), which distributed Yellowglen's wines in the UK, has appointed on-trade specialists ViVAS Wine to introduce Pink Piccolos to upmarket bars, restaurants, pubs and hotels.
Pink Piccolo will be available exclusively from ViVAS at an on-trade price of GBP1.89 (US$3.33) per bottle with a recommended retail price of GBP4.95.
"We feel this is exactly the right time to be launching the Pink Piccolo to the on-trade," James Lousada, marketing director at Foster's EMEA. "The Yellowglen range has a very large following in Australia and we have seen this success reflected within the UK grocery sector over the past few years.
"We want to see the same level of success in the on-trade which is why it is vital that we work with a partner who understands how to sell innovative and interesting wine brands and whose customer base reflects our target market."
Pink is a sparkling rosé blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Shiraz, produced at the Yellowglen Winery in south-eastern Australia, with an abv of 11%.
The controversial Australian 'alcopops' tax has been defeated by the country's Senate this week. Michelle Russell looks at the fallout....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Murray Valley Winegrowers has suggested that Foster's Group look to sell two of its vineyards in the region to the Australian government....
Foster's has appointed Pernod Ricard USA's general manager for wine and Champagne, Stephen Brauer, as its new managing director of Foster's Americas....
The Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia (DSICA) has followed Foster's Group in pledging to donate any tax refunds they receive in the country to DrinkWise Australia....
Australia's Foster's Group has said it intends to donate its refund from the country's collapsed RTD tax hike to alcohol and health initiatives....
Altia and Grupo Codorníu has signed a deal for the distribution of the Spanish wine company's brands in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and the Baltic sea travel retail markets....
Molson Coors has said that its interest in Foster's has not changed, following the Australian group's announcement that it will not sell off its wine business....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research