UK: Foster's launches Pink marketing campaign
Foster's EMEA has begun on a marketing drive for its Pink sparking rosé wine brand in the UK.
The marketing campaign will be driven by public relations and sampling and is designed to position Pink as an "aspirational wine suitable for everyday celebration", said the European, Middle Eastern and African division of Foster's this week.
The campaign will commence with the launch of the Pink Bubbles Bar at the Clothes Show Live (4-9 December, NEC Birmingham). A series of daily signings with names from fashion will take place at the bar during the event.
An online campaign utilising the Facebook social networking site will be used to document the event and tickets are being made available to consumers via online giveaways.
UK Brand Manager for Pink, James Brown, said: "The campaign is extremely targeted and is designed to bring the brand to female consumers who buy into the specialness of Champagne but want to transport this into an affordable, everyday ritual."
Pink Sparkling Rosé is available at branches of Waitrose and Selfridges priced from GBP7.99 (US$13.34), and also in single serve bottles known as Piccolos, which are available in bars and nightclubs across the UK.
In June this year, Foster's EMEA announced it would cut up to 10% of its workforce.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future