AUS: Foster's Group unveils low-cal, low-alc wines
Foster's Group has launched two new wines in Australia with reduced calories and alcohol.
The Lindemans Early Harvest wines contain 8.5% abv, compared to 12% to 13% in standard white wines, and contain 30% fewer calories.
The wines, a Crisp Dry White and a Semillon Sauvignon Blanc, were described by Foster's today (15 February) as "crisp and refreshing" and are made from grapes harvested at an earlier stage of ripeness, resulting in lower sugar levels and therefore less alcohol production during fermentation.
"Although we realise consumers are now more careful about how their alcohol consumption fits in with their healthy lifestyles, we were very careful to make sure the drinking experience for Lindemans Early Harvest was still as enjoyable as any other Lindemans wine," said Lindemans chief winemaker Wayne Falkenberg.
Foster's said that two 150ml-glasses of Early Harvest contain the same number of kilojoules as a 354ml-bottle of full-strength beer.
Meanwhile Foster's is expected to launch an "environmentally friendly" beer in the country next month, dubbed Cascade Green, following Lion Nathan's launch of the "carbon neutral" Barefoot Radler.
The runners and riders are lining up to buy Cadbury Schweppes' Australian soft drinks unit, should it be put up for sale....
Foster's has been slapped with a fine following the death of a worker at one of its breweries in Australia....
The Wirtz Beverage Group has appointed a leadership team for its national portfolio of wine, spirit and beer distributorships....
Molson Coors has posted a marked drop in profits for the first half of this year, as one-off charges made their presence felt....
Central European Distribution Corporation has posted a healthy lift in both sales and profits for the first half of this year....
Spain will dethrone France as the world's leading wine producer by 2015, according to a study French social research body, CREDOC (Centre de Recherche pour l'Etude et l'Observation des Conditions de V...
The Castel Group, France's leading wine producer, is to open the first phase of its new bottling plant, which the company claims will be Europe's biggest, next month....
Vinmonopolet has posted a slight lift in sales for the first six months of this year....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends