AUS: Foster's Group signs Carlsberg deal
Foster's Group extends Carlsberg rights
Foster's Group's beer division, Carlton & United Breweries, has signed a "multi-year" licence to distribute, market and sell Carlsberg in Australia. The agreement also covers the Carlsberg Elephant brand.
“This is an early extension of our current contract and recognises the strong performance for the Carlsberg brand, which has enjoyed year-on-year volume growth of 28%," said MD of Carlton & United Breweries (CUB), John Pollaers.
CUB has held the licence to Carlsberg in Australia since 2007, said the two firms, who announced the new deal over the Christmas period.
Last week we ran the first part of our exclusive interview with the chief marketing officer of Anheuser-Busch InBev, Chris Burggraeve. Here's part two, in which Olly Wehring tries to get inside the in...
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, on the brewer's proposal to buy Foster' Group, which was rejected by the Australian company this morning....
Don't assume that SABMiller has fired the starting gun on a bid battle for Foster's Group....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review