UK: Foster's Group readies sports push for Wolf Blass
Foster's Group has lined up a sport-themed promotional push for its Australian wine brand Wolf Blass in the UK.
The company confirmed yesterday (2 February) that it will invest GBP2m (US$3.2m) in the campaign, the brand's largest in the country, and will launch it this month to run for the rest of 2010.
The campaign is centred on national television advertising, print, outdoor posters, on-line and in-store activity, and coincides with the RBS 6 nations rugby championship, which begins this weekend.
Wolf Blass will take over outdoor 48-sheet roadside advertising sites on major roads into London and will have a presence within Twickenham rugby ground including pitch-side advertising and sampling. The campaign will also dominate all advertising sites within Waterloo train station. Wolf Blass will feature on all ticket barriers, digital LED sites and hanging banners positioned within the main concourse and on each platform.
A national broadsheet media and on-line advertising will run in conjunction with all outdoor advertising.
“This is the biggest campaign that Wolf Blass has ever embarked upon,” said Neil Barker, commercial director for UK & Ireland at Foster’s EMEA. “We envisage further strong growth behind premium tiers of Wolf Blass throughout 2010, which will build on the strong momentum gained through the Ashes sponsorship in 2009.”
Running in conjunction with the advertising, Wolf Blass will also offer consumers the chance to win sporting prizes via an in-store neck collar promotion. Running across the Yellow Label portfolio, prizes will include all-inclusive VIP packages to sporting events including the Ashes in Australia, premiership football matches, the Ryder Cup, Queens and Royal Ascot.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research