AUS: Foster's Group, Asahi Breweries extend deal
Foster's Group sells Asahi Super Dry in Australia
Foster's said today (16 August) that it has extended a "long-term" deal with Japan's Asahi Breweries. The deal means that Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) will continue to have exclusive rights to Asahi Super Dry in Australia.
"Asahi continues to be a leading brand in the CUB portfolio," said CUB's managing director, John Pollaers. He added that the group was "delighted to cement our partnership with Asahi".
Asahi's president and chief operating officer, Naoki Izumiya, said: "We are extremely pleased with Asahi Super Dry’s performance in Australia and are confident Carlton & United Breweries will continue to position the brand for future growth.”
Asahi is one of several brewers considered as a possible buyer of CUB, once Foster's has demerged the beer business from its wine division, Treasury Wine Estates.
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014