GLOBAL: Foster's Group appoints Treasury Wine Estates CFO
Foster's Group has announced a new CFO at Treasury Wine Estates, as promised last month
Foster’s Group has continued the preparations for its pending demerger with the appointment of a CFO for its wine unit.
The beer and wine group, which confirmed last month that it would go ahead with the demerger of its two businesses, said earlier today that Mark Fleming will join its Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) division to take up the role of CFO. Tony Reeves, TWE's current CFO, will step down from the role to make way for Fleming, as announced last month. Reeves, was appointed CFO of Foster’s Group in November last year.
Fleming will join TWE from Woolworths Limited, where he is the current general manager finance, supermarkets. He joined Woolworths in 2003.
The proposed demerger of Foster's Carlton United Breweries (CUB) and TWE is scheduled to go through in May, which is when Fleming is expected to commence in the new position. Once separated, CUB will change its name to Foster's, with both units set to list on the Australian Stock Exchange.
To read the official release, click here.
A ruling on Kronenbourg 1664 by the UK's advertising watchdog has the potential to set a precedent for marketeers of home-brewed 'foreign' beers....
SABMiller's hostile pursuit of Foster's Group is opportunistic and will probe for cracks between the Australian brewer's board and its shareholders....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends