GLOBAL: Foster's Group appoints Treasury Wine Estates CFO
Foster's Group has announced a new CFO at Treasury Wine Estates, as promised last month
Foster’s Group has continued the preparations for its pending demerger with the appointment of a CFO for its wine unit.
The beer and wine group, which confirmed last month that it would go ahead with the demerger of its two businesses, said earlier today that Mark Fleming will join its Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) division to take up the role of CFO. Tony Reeves, TWE's current CFO, will step down from the role to make way for Fleming, as announced last month. Reeves, was appointed CFO of Foster’s Group in November last year.
Fleming will join TWE from Woolworths Limited, where he is the current general manager finance, supermarkets. He joined Woolworths in 2003.
The proposed demerger of Foster's Carlton United Breweries (CUB) and TWE is scheduled to go through in May, which is when Fleming is expected to commence in the new position. Once separated, CUB will change its name to Foster's, with both units set to list on the Australian Stock Exchange.
To read the official release, click here.
A ruling on Kronenbourg 1664 by the UK's advertising watchdog has the potential to set a precedent for marketeers of home-brewed 'foreign' beers....
SABMiller's hostile pursuit of Foster's Group is opportunistic and will probe for cracks between the Australian brewer's board and its shareholders....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets