AUS: Foster's Group appoints CUB chief
Pollaers achieves ambition with CUB move
Foster's Group has appointed John Pollaers, former head of Diageo Asia Pacific, as its managing director for Carlton & United Breweries.
Pollaers' appointment follows the abrupt resignation of Alex Stevens, who was forced to leave the role in December due to ill health.
Pollaers was most recently president of Diageo's Asia Pacific division. He left the post at the end of June last year in order to "pursue his ambition to be the chief executive of a major public company", said Diageo at the time.
Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) is Foster's Australia-based beer arm, which includes the Victoria Bitter brand.
Pollaers, who will report to Foster's Group CEO Ian Johnston, will take up his role on 7 April.
Johnston said: "John is well known and respected in the Australian market and has a proven track record in successfully leading and growing businesses across multiple countries, channels and brands."
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends