AUSTRALIA: Foster's extends Stella deal
The Foster's Australian brewing operation, Carlton & United Breweries, has had the rights to brew and market Stella in Australia since 1997.
"CUB has achieved outstanding results with our brand since the start of the licence in 1997", said Hugo Powell, CEO of Interbrew. "We are pleased to reaffirm our longstanding and successful partnership for another 10 years. With CUB's proven strengths in brewing, marketing and distribution, we are confident that Stella Artois will continue to deliver significant growth in Australia."
"This is a win-win relationship for both companies. We share a strong, strategic commitment to building premium brands. We are very committed to growing Stella Artois and continuing its significant contribution to the expansion of the premium segment in Australia", said Trevor O'Hoy, managing director CUB. "The duration of this agreement underlines the confidence Interbrew has in CUB and the commitment both parties share in the future of Stella Artois® in Australia."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
As one takeover story trundles on, another one has just moved up a gear....
The chief executive of Foster's believes the global premium wine industry is on the upturn....
Interbrew UK has launched a new advertising campaign for Leffe....
Foster's Group Ltd is expected to announce that it is lifting its offer for fellow Australian Southcorp, transforming three months of corporate hostility into a friendly takeover....
Shares in Southcorp and Foster's have been halted from trading, pending an announcement....
Southcorp's share price has dropped below the offer price made by Foster's for the first time today (18 April)....
Foster's Group is considering upping its bid for Southcorp prior to extending its offer once again....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends