UK: Foster’s expands Lindemans range in UK
Foster's has invested in launch a heavyweight advertising campaign to support the launch of its Lindemans South Africa range across the UK.
The company said today (23 November), that it has signed a deal with South African firm Origin, in an effort to introduce its wine brand's "logical extension" to the UK marketplace. The new range, which will also be supported by a GBP1m (US$2m) advertising campaign, will be "backed up with major below-the-line support," Foster's said.
The launch will be "tightly focused and ties in with more NPD news from Lindemans, including the benchmark for low alcohol wines, Lindemans Early Harvest, which launches this week in two unnamed UK grocers, the company added.
Foster's EMEA managing director Peter Jackson said: "I am delighted to announce that we have signed a long-term joint venture with Origin to bring a premium proposition to the category, which will help raise the average unit price of South African wines in the UK."
Origin managing director Bernard Fontannaz added: "Origin is a leader of the social responsibility agenda in South Africa. We are working up a number of Fairtrade projects with Foster's EMEA and looking to build these over time, while working in close collaboration with Lindemans winemakers and consultant Angela Mount to ensure the wines are the right quality and style for the UK market."
The Lindemans South Africa range will start with two wines from the 2007 vintage, a Sauvignon Blanc and a Shiraz and retail at GBP5.99.
In anticipation of the London International Wine Fair, Chris Losh has put together a few questions, touching on some of the imponderable puzzlements of the drinks industry, for visitors to mull over, ...
Fermented soft drinks include some very established brands among their ranks, produced to age-old family recipes. But, writes Philip Tappenden, these drinks also offer some of the natural and function...
The first chief executive of the UK's Drinkaware Trust has surprisingly stepped down after less than a year in the position....
Beverage Brands has redesigned its WKD brand's packaging with a simplified text to stand out on shelves in the UK during the summer....
Foster's Group has appointed a chief human resources officer, according to a recent filing with the Australian Stock Exchange....
Increased excise on pre-mixed spirits in Australia is expected to boost beer sales for Foster's and Lion Nathan....
Coors Brewers has announced plans to support the UK government's 'Harm Reduction Strategy' by carrying additional sensible drinking advice on its beers....
US brewer Anheuser-Busch is launching Bud Light Lime - a "crisp light" lager that combines the "drinkability" of Bud Light with a splash of natural lime flavour....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets