UK: Foster's EMEA to cut jobs
Foster's EMEA may cut its workforce by up to 10% following a consultation with staff.
Foster's is consulting staff within the European, Middle Eastern and African (EMEA) division about redundancies as part of its wine review, which could see 300 jobs lost worldwide.
In a statement to just-drinks last week, Foster's EMEA said: "We are currently going through a consultation process with all employees who will potentially be impacted by our revised business structure. We don't expect any more than 18 employees to leave the business under redundancy as a result of these proposed business changes."
The consultation process should be completed by the end of June.
Foster's spokesperson Troy Hey added: "We recognise that these times, and our own transformation process, are unsettling for some and are doing our best to support our people through the changes."
Foster's EMEA employs around 180 staff. The 25 employees of its newly-launched Nordic business will not be affected.
Constellation Brands' announcement that it could merge or sell parts of its UK and Australian wine business raised more questions than it answered, but the move makes sense in an operating environment...
Foster's EMEA has begun on a marketing drive for its Pink sparking rosé wine brand in the UK....
Scottish & Newcastle UK has developed a pint glass carrying alcohol unit information for its Foster's lager brand....
Coca-Cola Amatil has agreed new employment terms with its group managing director....
Foster's Group has signed a deal to offload 13 wine brands to a joint venture with Vok Beverages Pty, as part of the Australian group's strategy to streamline its troubled wine business....
The chief executive of Foster's Group has bemoaned the consumer trend to "eat out less and trade down to cheaper wines" as holding the company back in the last 12 months....
Lion Nathan yesterday (7 October) ceased to exist as a separate entity after Australia's Federal Court approved the takeover of the brewer by Japan's Kirin Holdings....
Foster's Group has sold an 862-hectare vineyard to Oatley Wines for an undisclosed sum....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research