US: Foster's drops Molson Coors for Miller in US
The brewers said today (26 June) that, as of November, Foster's Lager and Special Bitter sold in the US would shift from Molson Coors of Canada to Miller's breweries in Texas and Albany. Foster's will continue to be distributed and marketed in the US through Foster's USA, a joint-venture between Miller and Foster's.
The move to US brewing for Foster's will reduce freight time and expense, according to the companies.
Fosters Americas managing director Scott Weiss said: "The decision to shift Foster's brewing to Miller builds a foundation for more robust growth in the US."
Miller president and CEO Tom Long added: "Foster's has great growth potential and we're excited about the opportunity to maximise Foster's growth in the US."
Beringer Vineyards has launched a vintage Californian chardonnay to complement the rest of its collection....
SABMiller has ruled out speculation that it is looking to list in the US next year....
Australian wine company Penfolds, part of the Foster's Group, is giving its Thomas Hyland range an Adelaide geographical appellation....
US wine producer Beringer Vineyards has launched a TV advertising campaign in the US, which will be supported by print advertising in selected magazines from mid-December....
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has confirmed that one of its board directors has resigned....
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has retracted an online marketing campaign in Canada with social networking website Facebook, because its message was being interpreted as promoting irresponsible drinking....
SABMiller and Molson Coors have been hit with an anti-trust request for its joint venture in the US....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research