US: Foster's drops Molson Coors for Miller in US
The brewers said today (26 June) that, as of November, Foster's Lager and Special Bitter sold in the US would shift from Molson Coors of Canada to Miller's breweries in Texas and Albany. Foster's will continue to be distributed and marketed in the US through Foster's USA, a joint-venture between Miller and Foster's.
The move to US brewing for Foster's will reduce freight time and expense, according to the companies.
Fosters Americas managing director Scott Weiss said: "The decision to shift Foster's brewing to Miller builds a foundation for more robust growth in the US."
Miller president and CEO Tom Long added: "Foster's has great growth potential and we're excited about the opportunity to maximise Foster's growth in the US."
Beringer Vineyards has launched a vintage Californian chardonnay to complement the rest of its collection....
SABMiller has ruled out speculation that it is looking to list in the US next year....
Australian wine company Penfolds, part of the Foster's Group, is giving its Thomas Hyland range an Adelaide geographical appellation....
US wine producer Beringer Vineyards has launched a TV advertising campaign in the US, which will be supported by print advertising in selected magazines from mid-December....
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has confirmed that one of its board directors has resigned....
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has retracted an online marketing campaign in Canada with social networking website Facebook, because its message was being interpreted as promoting irresponsible drinking....
SABMiller and Molson Coors have been hit with an anti-trust request for its joint venture in the US....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018