INDIA: Foster's coy on brewing tie-up talks
Foster's Group has refused to comment on reports that it is in talks with an Indian brewer to expand its presence in the fast-growing beer market.
Reports in India earlier this week had claimed that Foster's had begun negotiations on a bottling agreement with Crown Breweries, a greenfield brewery being built in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
However, a spokesman for Foster's refused to be drawn on any plans to strengthen its foothold in India.
"While we regularly speak with potential partners, suppliers and so on, we have a policy of not commenting on commercial discussions," a spokesman told just-drinks today (25 January).
The spokesman said Foster's was focusing on expanding capacity at its existing plant in Maharashtra, where the company has had its Indian base since 1998.
He added: "The operation is profitable and the Foster's brand has gone from strength to strength, continuing to grow year-on-year - up over 20% in 2005.
"Continuing to build the Foster's Lager brand will remain the key focus going forward and the major driver of value growth."
A revised assessment by Southcorp's independent expert has valued the company's shares closer to the bid value offered by Foster's Group....
Australian liquor giant Foster's bid for winemaker Southcorp is gathering momentum....
As one takeover story trundles on, another one has just moved up a gear....
The chief executive of Foster's believes the global premium wine industry is on the upturn....
Foster's Group Ltd is expected to announce that it is lifting its offer for fellow Australian Southcorp, transforming three months of corporate hostility into a friendly takeover....
Shares in Southcorp and Foster's have been halted from trading, pending an announcement....
Southcorp's share price has dropped below the offer price made by Foster's for the first time today (18 April)....
Foster's Group is considering upping its bid for Southcorp prior to extending its offer once again....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits