AUSTRALIA: Fosters' buyback begins
Foster's Group Ltd.'s share buyback program has begun in earnest. The group announced today that it has completed the first stage of its planned buyback with a view to buying more of its shares in 2004.
Foster's said that it has bought back 8.2% of its stock on issue totalling 167.1m shares. Each share was valued at A$4.00 after a tender process, costing the company A$668.4m.
The company announced that it will go to its shareholders in March next year to obtain approval to buy back another 100m shares through another on-market buyback program. The buybacks are being partly funded by the sale recently of Foster's pubs unit, Australian Leisure & Hospitality.
Having announced the program at its recent annual meeting, Foster's bought all of the shares which had been tendered at the buyback price of A$4.00. It had received tenders for around 453.7m shares, of which 167.1m agreed with the buyback price.
Foster's also announced that it will continue the on-market program, which had been put on hold until the off-market program had been completed. This buyback will restart on 23 December, aiming to repurchase an additional 23m shares. On completion of this, the company will have repurchased 10% of Foster's issued shares.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report