AUS: Foster's branches into mid-strength category
Foster's has lined up an addition to the Australian mid-strength beer market.
The Australian drinks company confirmed today (30 April) that VB Midstrength Lager will be available nationwide, and will target Australian men, a category in which, the company says, "drinking habits are changing".
"The fact is midstrength is the second fastest growing beer segment and the second largest," Foster's said. "Simply put, there is plenty of demand for lower alcohol beers but currently a limited brand selection."
"VB is a much loved Aussie beer and icon and we always consider any brand developments very carefully," said a spokesperson for VB. "We're really excited that with the introduction of VB Mid, drinkers can now enjoy their favourite beer in a midstrength variety. But importantly if a midstrength beer is not your thing, you can still enjoy the trusty green can - rest assured, it's not going anywhere."
The 3.5% abv beer will be available nationwide from tomorrow, in 375ml bottles and cans, with a 24-bottle case of VB Midstrength retailing at between A$31 (US$25.68) and A$34.
The addition is VB's first mainstream extension.
Green issues are taking centre-stage in the wine industry at the moment, with producers across the world working to develop more environmentally friendly products and practices, and find ways to commu...
Inertia Beverage Group has appointed a marketing veteran to the new position of vice president of marketing....
US drinks consumers are more than twice as likely to order beer or mixed drinks than wine when drinking away from home, according to a recent survey in the country....
Baarsma Wine Group Holding has acquired Pernod Ricard Italia's Canei wine brand....
Foster's Wine Estates has launched the first Australian-imported and 100% grape-based vodka to the US market....
The Scottish & Newcastle rumour mill went into overdrive this weekend, with reports claiming the brewer is looking at ways to destroy any potential bid from Carlsberg and Heineken....
Altia Corporation is the latest name to be linked with the potential sale of Vin & Sprit, according to reports....
Sinergia is looking to release a stake in the company in an IPO in Russia....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends