US: Foster’s appoints sommelier to head up Wine Estates
Fred Dame is appointed vice president of luxury sales
Foster’s Wine Estates has appointed master sommelier Fred Dame as its vice president of luxury sales.
Dame will head-up the selling division of Foster’s US-based unit, and will have management responsibility for Foster's brands, including Beringer and Penfolds.
He will report to Mike Holden, senior vice president of sales, the firm said today (19 May).
“Few people know more about selling fine wine than Fred,” said Holden. “He is greatly respected in the wine business and he aligns perfectly with our luxury portfolio. We are extremely excited to have him join the Foster’s team.”
Dame will be based out of Foster’s North American headquarters in the Napa Valley.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research