AUS: Foster's appoints Australasian wine chief
Foster's has appointed David Drearie as managing director of its newly created Australasian wine division, covering the group's wine business in Australia and New Zealand.
Drearie, who will take up his role in late July, last year left his post of MD of Western Europe and Africa for Brown-Forman. He previously spent three years as president and chief operating officer of Brown-Forman's Wine Group, based in the US.
Foster's created an Australasian wine division following a review of its wine business, completed in February this year.
Foster's CEO Ian Johnston said: "David's appointment completes the renewal of operational leadership required for the fundamental transformation of our business."
"David has a proven track record in wine, leading and growing businesses across multiple countries, channels and brands."
Constellation Brands' announcement that it could merge or sell parts of its UK and Australian wine business raised more questions than it answered, but the move makes sense in an operating environment...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A member of the Brown family has confirmed her intention to sell a portion of her stock in the company....
Foster's EMEA has begun on a marketing drive for its Pink sparking rosé wine brand in the UK....
Brown-Forman, owner of Jack Daniel whiskey, has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.30 per share on its Class A and Class B common stock....
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking, the industry-led self-regulation organisation based in Brussels, has named Guillaume de Guitaut, global public affairs director at Moët-Hennessy, as its ne...
Scottish & Newcastle UK has developed a pint glass carrying alcohol unit information for its Foster's lager brand....
Coca-Cola Amatil has agreed new employment terms with its group managing director....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends