US: Foster’s Americas announces appointments within US unit
Foster's has announced four appointments as part of its management restructuring within its US arm.
The US unit of the Australian company said yesterday (12 February) that John Collins has been re-appointed as vice president, business process & information technology for Foster's Americas regional business. Collins' re-appointment follows an 18-month developmental stint as vice president, imports marketing, the company said.
In addition to this, Don Henderson, who has 18 years of industry experience and joined the company five years ago, has been promoted to the position of north-east zone vice president, sales. In his new role, Henderson will look after sales activities for Foster's wine brands in regions including Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Rhode Island among others.
The position of southeast zone vice president of sales, meanwhile, has been offered to seventeen-year industry veteran Christian Gray. In his new role, Gray will manage sales activities for the company's wine brands in territories such as Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina and parts of Virginia, Tennessee, and Alabama.
The company added that former Constellation manager Wayne Childress has been named as vice president, winery operations for the group. At Fosters, Childress will oversee all operations activities at Asti, Beringer and Meridian wineries, the Winemaker's Cooperage, and he will manage wine production systems, CAPEX and capacity planning.
Spain's premier wine region, Rioja, has been in heated debate over the addition of new white grape varieties to those allowed under the Rioja denomination. The introduction of several almost extinct l...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Constellation Brands is looking to sell some of its wine assets in Australia....
The runners and riders are lining up to buy Cadbury Schweppes' Australian soft drinks unit, should it be put up for sale....
Foster's has been slapped with a fine following the death of a worker at one of its breweries in Australia....
Molson Coors has posted a marked drop in profits for the first half of this year, as one-off charges made their presence felt....
Constellation Europe has added two new wines to its Hardys range in the UK as part of a GBP12m (US$23.8m) investment in the brand....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages