US: Fortune ups board membership
Fortune Brands has added to its board of directors.
The US company, which controls Beam Global Spirits & Wine, said late last week that Richard Goldstein has been elected to the board.
Goldstein, 64, is the former chairman and CEO of International Flavors and Fragrances. Prior to his six years leading IFF, Goldstein spent 25 years in executive positions at Unilever, including as business group president of Unilever North American Foods and president & CEO of Unilever United States.
Goldstein currently serves as a Director of Fiduciary Trust Company International and as the presiding director at Interpublic Group.
"My fellow directors and I look forward to welcoming Dick to the board and to benefiting from his valuable insights and wealth of consumer experience," said Norm Wesley, chairman and CEO of Fortune.
The election is effective from 1 December and increases the size of the board to ten members.
Last month, the company was linked to the potential sale of the producer of Absolut vodka, V&S Group. The state-owned Swedish company could be put up for sale following the election of a new government in the country in September.
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
V&S Group is set to beef up its distribution network in the Nordic region with the acquisition of Norwegian wine and spirits distributor Amundsen....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced an MD change at its Sauza Mexico subsidiary....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up an off-trade promotion for its Jim Beam Black bourbon in the US....
India's UB Group is close to finally sealing the takeover of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands. UB, headed by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has pursued Whyte & Mackay since start...
Absolut vodka owner V&S Group has appointed a new chairman....
Finnish state-owned beverage alcohol group Altia Corporation today (21 March) confirmed that it is eyeing the Nordic operations of Absolut vodka owner V&S Group....
Constellation Brands has completed its acquisition of premium Swedish vodka brand Svedka....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets