USA: Fortune Brands sees flat operating profit and warns of tough 2001
Fortune Brands, the maker of the world's number one Bourbon, Jim Beam, released earnings for the fourth quarter in line with analysts' expectation yesterday. Although the company reported record fourth quarter sales up 3%, income before net charges was flat at $112m. For the full year diluted EPS before net charges climbed 15% to $2.29. However for the quarter EPS before net charges increased only 6% to $0.71.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK