USA: Fortune Brands sees flat operating profit and warns of tough 2001
Fortune Brands, the maker of the world's number one Bourbon, Jim Beam, released earnings for the fourth quarter in line with analysts' expectation yesterday. Although the company reported record fourth quarter sales up 3%, income before net charges was flat at $112m. For the full year diluted EPS before net charges climbed 15% to $2.29. However for the quarter EPS before net charges increased only 6% to $0.71.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range