USA: Fortune Brands sees flat operating profit and warns of tough 2001
Fortune Brands, the maker of the world's number one Bourbon, Jim Beam, released earnings for the fourth quarter in line with analysts' expectation yesterday. Although the company reported record fourth quarter sales up 3%, income before net charges was flat at $112m. For the full year diluted EPS before net charges climbed 15% to $2.29. However for the quarter EPS before net charges increased only 6% to $0.71.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo writes down Shuijingfang value by GBP264m