US: Fortune Brands prepares for Beam Inc with board additions
Fortune Brands is set to make the transition to Beam Inc next month
Fortune Brands has further primed itself for its move to Beam Inc with the appointment of two additional board directors.
The company, which will become Beam Inc on 3 October following the spin-off of its home & security division, said earlier this week that it will increase the size of Beam's board to nine. On 1 December, Stephen Golsby, president and CEO of Mead Johnson Nutrition Company, and Robert Steele, vice chairman of health care strategy at The Procter & Gamble Company, will assume their positions on the board of Beam.
Joining Mead Johnson Nutrition in 1997, Golsby, has served as president since 2004, becoming CEO in 2008. He led the company through its split-off from Bristol-Myers Squibb in 2009. Steele, meanwhile, has held his current post at P&G since February and plans to retire in September after 35 years with the company.
“Steve and Rob are proven and respected leaders who will enhance the Beam board with their vast consumer packaged goods experience,” said David Mackay, the Fortune director who will become Beam's non-executive chairman.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report