US: Fortune Brands prepares for Beam Inc with board additions
Fortune Brands is set to make the transition to Beam Inc next month
Fortune Brands has further primed itself for its move to Beam Inc with the appointment of two additional board directors.
The company, which will become Beam Inc on 3 October following the spin-off of its home & security division, said earlier this week that it will increase the size of Beam's board to nine. On 1 December, Stephen Golsby, president and CEO of Mead Johnson Nutrition Company, and Robert Steele, vice chairman of health care strategy at The Procter & Gamble Company, will assume their positions on the board of Beam.
Joining Mead Johnson Nutrition in 1997, Golsby, has served as president since 2004, becoming CEO in 2008. He led the company through its split-off from Bristol-Myers Squibb in 2009. Steele, meanwhile, has held his current post at P&G since February and plans to retire in September after 35 years with the company.
“Steve and Rob are proven and respected leaders who will enhance the Beam board with their vast consumer packaged goods experience,” said David Mackay, the Fortune director who will become Beam's non-executive chairman.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017